Who: League Administrator, Official Coordinator
League Administrator: Manage League > Modify League Official Settings.
Official Coordinator: League Official Settings
1. Send Official Assignment Email to:
Select the league officer who will receive automatic notifications by email when official assignment actions occur. Such actions include, for instance, when an official accepts or cancels an assignment, or when either the time or venue of a game with assignments are changed. You can also set this to None, whereby no auto-email will be sent to any Official Coordinators after these actions.
If there are any Field Official Coordinators in your league, they will also appear on the list and can be selected. If one is selected, then all official assignment email concerning games on their field will ONLY be sent to them.
There is also a check box to notify coordinators about official assignment requests. This only has an impact if you are using the Request/Confirm method of assignment - if checked, messages will be sent when an assignment is requested, otherwise they will not be sent. For leagues using Request/Confirm, unchecking this box can greatly reduce email traffic for your Official Coordinators.
2. Official Assignment Method
A. By League Only - An Official Coordinator must manage assignments.
B. Self-Assignment - an official can self-assign to games ("I'll Take It" button).
C. Request/Confirm - an official can request assignment to games ("I'd Like It" button), but the request has to be confirmed by the Official Coordinator.
Self-assignments and requests can only happen for any game where there is still an open slot and as long as the official’s strength rating (See Official Strength) is equal to or greater than the difficulty rating of the game. The Official Coordinator will get an email each time a request or self-assignment is made. Of course, the Official Coordinator can always override a self-assignment.
3. Allow change at the season, competition, division and game levels - The above setting determines the default official assignment method for your league. However, you have the option of using different assignment methods for different games at the same time. If this box is checked, that option is available, and the default method can be overridden at the season, competition, division and individual game level.
4. Official Difficulty Offsets - Refers to the relative difficulty of officiating as an official 2 as opposed to official 1.
5. Can Report Game Results - Designate which officials can enter game results.
6. Official Pay Requires Game Results Report - If checked, then at least one official must enter game reports results in order to be paid for the game.
7. Official Assignment Deadlines - Cancellation or Request is blocked the amount of hours before the game starts.
8. Request Window - Requests or self-assignments cannot be made until the specified number of days before a game.
9. Maximum number of affiliated officials per team by play level - See Official Team Affiliation for more information.